March 04, 2010

The Sweet Stuff


We all crave the sweet stuff from time to time, some more than others.  The thing is, it might be worthwhile shelling out and buying the good stuff, rather than succumbing to the lure of the cheap.

For example, rather than getting cheap, homebrand chocolate, get a nice, dark chocolate that you really enjoy. This way, you can actually be satisfied with the one mouthful, rather than eating the whole block.

Similarly, if you like your ice cream, just keep a few small tubs in your freezer, or a 1L tub of reaaaaalllyyy amazing ice cream that you enjoy. I've found that if I've just bought a cheap 2-3L tub of plain vanilla ice cream to keep at home, then I tend to eat some ice cream after dinner just because I've got it in the freezer! If I've got a really nice one, then I need less, since I savour every mouthful.

That, and because I'm sticking to a strict grocery budget, I don't buy ice cream as often either.

Finally, it might be a good idea to keep just a few nice treats at home rather than many cheap ones. It takes 21 turns of something to turn it into a habit. So keeping an overflowing abundance of treats at home will not only get you into the habit of eating them, it gets you into the habit of buying them!

And it gets quite sad when it's the middle of the night and you're surrounded by a sea of empty crisp packets. Trust me, I've been there.

Anyway, speaking of the sweet stuff, I think I've got some sticky date pudding in the fridge calling my name!

Happy munching!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home