November 14, 2010

Carnivorous Fantasies



I love all-you-can-eat places. I just always have, and the glutton within me relishes the feeling of being so full you have to be rolled out of the restaurant. There's something so satisfactory about it. The lazy person within me also loves it when the food is brought out to you, instead of having to walk to it!!

Which is why churrascaria is so AWESOME!

The concept is simple. There's meat. Meat on sticks. Carved on to your plate. Omg it's so awesome.


But you need to be hungry. Sean and I always are, haha. That's his hungry face. :D:D

And we begin!!


These little wooden blocks on the table indicate whether you want more food or not. Green means yes, red means, "I'm really full, but convince me. =)"

We start off with cheese bread.


It's wonderful chewyness is so addictive!! I need to get a recipe for this soon.


Chewy!

They also serve a whole variety of sides to go with your MEAT. (You have to say it with a growly manly voice. haha!)


This itty bitty chillies carry a heat that belies their little sizes. Each one is a happy explosion in my mouth, and always makes me want more food. Very appetizing.


The salsa is tangy, and also whets your appetite. It's a perfect foil to the heavy meat, and I always go through multiple bowls of it.


The crumbed and fried bananas remind me of Goreng Pisang (which is a battered and fried banana snack from South East Asia). I miss home!


Black beans cooked with garlic. Lovely, but very filling.


Salad with artichokes, olives and tomatoes. It's really refreshing, like the salsa, but not as tangy. Addictive, and it sometimes is a case of get your veggies in cause you're not going to get fiber anywhere else! haha.

And now, for the main event.

MEAT.


MEAT


MEATTTTTTTT!!!!!!















Just posting these pictures makes me hungry again. *salivates*

To be honest, it is kind of expensive ($42 a head), but it's great for a once in awhile thing. =)


And we always finish off with the grilled pineapple, with cinnamon. YUM!



There is a lunch option as well, from Wednesday to Friday, but there aren't as many meat options. I say if you're going to make it all the way there, you might as well go the whole hock.

Oh and it gets really busy over dinner, especially weekend nights. Remember to call ahead and make your reservation!

We ate at:

Braza Churrascaria
13 Norton Street
Leichardt NSW2040

Opening Hours:
Lunch: Wed to Sun - 12 to 3.30
Dinner: 7 nights - 6 till late

Phone: (02) 95727921

Braza Churrascaria on Urbanspoon


View Larger Map

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At November 14, 2010 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Cate said...

I have been wanting to go there for so long - there is also one in Newport now!! MUST GO!! You have really made me hungry now!!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous Julie said...

I think I will just visit this place just to eat the cheese bread =p

 
At November 14, 2010 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cate: lol I didn't know there was one in Newport! If you go, you have to let me know whether it's any good. I was hungry just posting up the pictures

Julie: The cheese bread was so good, but I felt so gluttonous asking for seconds. I'm trying out a recipe for the cheese bread though, so I'll let you know how it goes! =)

 
At November 15, 2010 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Mel said...

Oh my! I feel full just looking at all that food. The cheese bread does look good though. Hope your recipe works out.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Alan Heah said...

For meat on vertical spit over here in Singapore, the most iconic place for me would still be United Square's (Thomson Road) Fiesta Brasilia.

Honestly, I have not tried it, being intimidated by the atmosphere.

If you like, here's the link:
http://www.fiesta.com.sg/aboutus.html

 
At November 15, 2010 at 11:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

MelbaToast: Yes it did! I'm so happy. I'll post up the recipe soon.

Alan: hey!! I haven't tried that one either - I'll remember to try it on my next trip back. How did you hear of it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home