February 08, 2013

EatArtTruck

IMG_9200

Sometimes you want something. Then you set out a plan to get it. Plan fails. Suddenly this something becomes a goal. Plan again. Plan fails again.

Now it's a MISSION.

And that was what trying to get to EatArtTruck was. A mission. A mission to eat tasty chicken wings and ceviche that has a reputation that precedes it.


It was meant to be simple. Check all the food truck apps and social media streams, find out where they'll be, and then just rock up with money. Well, twice TWICE had I tracked down this truck, aligned my schedule so that I could be there, only to find out when I couldn't find the truck that they sold out. Go figure.

But I managed it. I finally managed it. It took a lot of finagling, but I actually managed to get food from this truck. Lo and behold!

IMG_9209

The famed chicken wings. Flavoursome and juicy, they are covered with the right amount of creamy sauce to make them luxurious. I love that there is a sort of flavour crust on the outside of the wing pieces, but somehow it lacks a bit of a kick for me.

IMG_9212

The beef brisket in a bun with kim chi slaw and korean chilli wasn't that great for me. I love the way the beef brisket was cooked, but I felt that the slaw on the top was slightly over powering, and the dish didn't seem to gel to me. Still a nice beef bun, just nothing to sing about.

IMG_9213

Now the pulled pork bun with mustard cabbage is EXCELLENT. The juices from the pork moisten the soft bun and I absolutely LOVED that hot sauce. The gentlemen in the truck weren't wrong about that. It all melded really well together, and made me forget that I was standing there eating in the middle of the rain. It literally transported me to a hot summer's barbecue, with the freshness of that cabbage just lifting what otherwise might be a heavy meal. This was an absolute joy to eat and it left us fighting for the remnants.

There was one last pleasant surprise that EatArtTruck had to offer:

IMG_9215

The chicken in the Japanese Chicken Salad with Pineapple and Chilli was the same chicken (practically) as the chicken wings, but the salad provided me with the kick that I needed in the form of the acidity from the pineapples and the bit of extra freshness from the lettuce leaves. I must say that I much preferred the salad to the wings, because it felt a bit more balanced and more like a whole meal, but the wings are great as a snack if that's what you're going for.

Besides the wings, I really wanted to try the ceviche, but they didn't have fish available on the night that I visited. It was definitely worth the effort, and the guys in the truck were really affable and lovely. I'd go through the hunt all over again for sure.


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

the wings and the pulled pork bun still rocks the socks off my feet. I've had it 3 times and I still get the same feeling all the time.

 
At February 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mission accomplished! Great photos BTW.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home