May 24, 2013

Lemon Meringue...in a jar!

IMG_9853

I've been on a bit of a dessert binge lately - I keep telling myself that I burn more calories in the cold, and so am allowed to consume more. I know it doesn't quite work that way, but it helps me sleep at night. So when I saw these adorable individual lemon meringues in jars I just couldn't help myself.




It's incredibly simple. Just layer some crumbled cake in a jar - I just had some leftover from some experimental baking I did - with lemon curd. For added moisture, I drizzled the cake with leftover limoncello syrup I had from the Lemon Tiramisu, and then topped everything with a meringue, which is simply egg whites and sugar beaten to glossy stiff peaks.

IMG_9855



Then when it was time to serve, I just took a blowtorch to the top, which I must admit was the bit that was the most fun. These little pots of tangy sugary goodness just help me cling desperately to spring and summer like the jilted mistress of a billionaire tycoon.

And really. I can't get over how cute these jars are!! It's the perfect start to the weekend. Makes me wonder what else I can pack into jar form...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM , Blogger muppy said...

yum so delicious! i'vebeen feeling like dessert too, so hard to resist :)

 
At May 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

now this is dessert! I'm a sucker for anything served in a jar to be honest. Impressed to hear it was kind of a put everything together type of dessert in a jar - but it works, totally!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home