February 10, 2011

Down the Yellow Brick Road of Sin


The boys at work have introduced me to the weight-loss devil - a lovely little French patisserie across the street that bakes fresh, mouth-watering, buttery bites of heaven that are so addictive, one bite and it's all down hill from there.

The first thing that greets you is the whiff of sin baking in the oven. When you walk in, golden-brown morsels of every shape and size greet you through a clear glass case.


The sensory overload is enough for me to abandon all sanity like Cassanova casting off an old lover and begin my descent into pure, decadent, food sin.


On recommendation, I've decided to try the Sour Cherry Danish and the Almond Croissant.


The Sour Cherry Danish is just tart enough to keep you from sinking into the flaky pastry. I do, on one hand, prefer my pastries with a little more bite, but I definitely can't fault this danish otherwise.


And the pièce de résistance (for me anyway) has to be the Almond Croissant. The soft, doughy, flaky pastry is topped by a sweet crust on the top, with almond flakes proudly displayed on the top like the crown of the statue of liberty. Each bite is sweet, gooey...all the comforting textures exploding in my mouth all at once.

I'll definitely definitely be back for more - I'm trying the Ratatouille quiche today. =)

I ate at:

La Banette
18 Glebe Point Road
Glebe, 2037

La Banette Patisserie on Urbanspoon


View Larger Map

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Mel said...

My waistline is so lucky that this place is not across the road from where I work. Looks good. That quiche sounds pretty amazing...I'd like to try it too.

 
At February 11, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Food sin it is! But a very delicious one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home