February 03, 2011

Queensland Flood Appeal


Nuffnang had an auction lately to raise money to help with the Queensland floods, and I thought that I'd make a little something to help out. =)

Being somewhat obsessed with food, my contribution had to be food-related!! So voilá! My crocheted sushi plush toys.



I tried to look for Japanese platters (which would have been really hard to post), but Sean came up with the brilliant idea to use a bamboo mat instead!!

I've actually been crocheting a whole bunch of other food lately (which I'll leave till a later post).

How about you? Do you have any fun crafts/projects to help distract you from the heat?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At February 4, 2011 at 2:36 AM , Blogger Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

These are so cute! I am still terrible at crocheting but these look so adorable I'm tempted to try again.

 
At February 4, 2011 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! They're so beautiful! You're very talented!

 
At February 4, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Mel said...

OMG - these are TOO cute! I used to be able to crochet when I was a kid, but just cannot get the hang of it again. I wanted to make a huge blanket, but just gave up.

 
At February 4, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Helen: If you want I can lend you the book I got them off! It's a wonderful book. =)

lateraleating: Thank you!

Mel: haha, I can't do blankets too - I get bored halfway. The small projects are so much easier to work on!

 
At February 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous KayB said...

Oh these are amazing!! You are so frickin talented! Great to see you're giving a helping hand to the Queenslanders.

 
At February 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM , Anonymous Julie said...

those loook fastastic tammi! I tried to crochet once but couldn't get the hang of it. I find knitting easier.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home