April 25, 2010

Cous in Bouche

Image by artwork_rebel

Cous Cous /kuskus/
Wikipedia


"...a dish of spherical granules made by rolling and shaping moistened semolina wheat and then coating them with finely ground wheat flour."


I know I'm probably incredibly behind in food trends, but I've just discovered the wonders of Cous Cous in the home!! I had taken awhile to try Cous Cous because a friend provided a description of "like sand". But after seeing it fluffed with a fork my gluttonous will could hold out no longer. I tried some and it was absolutely lovely. It was light and soft, and was an excellent carrier for the flavours that were bestowed upon it.

But it took an episode of Nigella for me to fully realise how easy it is to prepare at home! All you have to do is put the Cous Cous in a bowl, add whatever spices/flavour you'd like, and cover with hot water! Leave it to stand and 10 minutes later fluff with a fork. This is even easier to cook than rice!

This is definitely going to be an addition to my pantry cupboard.

Happy Munching!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home