October 21, 2010

Would you like fries with that?


When I was back in Singapore last I went to EWF by Everything with Fries with Mel! I am an absolute fries fiend. Love LOVE those strings of starchy goodness.

Mind you, they've got other stuff too, like this lamb burger that Mel got. 


I didn't try it, but she said that it was ok.


Om nom nom. Personally though, I wasn't so interested in the other stuff...GIMME FRIES!


We had a selection of three types - Sour cream and chives (and I know this because of the green flecks!) which was ok. Not as strong a flavour as I'd like, but they do give you an extra dish of flavouring upon request.


We also had the garlic flavoured one, which was also slightly under seasoned to me, BUT I did quite like the roasted garlicky-ness rather than the strong, acrid burn of garlic that I was expecting. Not don't get me wrong, I quite like the acrid burn of garlic, but not particularly on fries.


And finally, the salt and vinegar. How can we not? More than the potatoe-y starchy goodness, Mel and I LOVE salt and vinegar. Just thinking about it makes my mouth tingle. Mmmmm.

I want fries now. Honey, will you drive me down to McD's?


EWF by Everything with Fries
181 Orchard Rd
#01-24/25 Orchard Central

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At October 22, 2010 at 9:47 AM , Anonymous chocolatesuze said...

ooh i love the sound of the garlic fries! was there an option of adding sour cream on top?

 
At October 22, 2010 at 10:33 AM , Anonymous My restaurants Melbourne said...

Those garlic flavoured ones look delicious, i'm craving them now

 
At October 22, 2010 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Suze: Sour cream as in the actual cream? Or the flavouring? I don't think that they had actual sour cream there, but I'm sure you could've asked. Good idea though, I'll try when I go back. =)

 
At October 25, 2010 at 12:33 AM , Blogger Ying said...

I MISS EWF. By the way, I tried the fish burger. & I think you'll love it. Oh & by the way, that was actually a beef burger. The one I had when we were there, in the photo, was great.

But recently, when I went back there with my friends, two of them who ordered the beef burger said it was a let-down. So.. I can't promise that the standard is still the same.

Either that, or my taste buds are not sensitive enough. Lol!

 
At October 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mel: Oh sorry! Why did I think that it was the lamb burger. Hmm.

I think maybe the standard dropped? It IS, after all, marketed as a fast food version of Everything with Fries. I want to try the main outlets!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home