July 31, 2013

Product Talk: Maggi Stir Fry Creations

IMG_0069

As part of Product Talk by Nuffnang I was sent some Maggi Stir Fry Creations to try. And we all know how I feel about receiving things in the mail. =)





IMG_0074

Each pack comes with two sections: the infusion paste and the finishing sauce. You're meant to marinate the meat in the infusion paste, then fry off your meat and veggies in the finishing sauce. The idea is that it gives you two layers of flavours, in the most speedy fashion possible.

The back of the packet calls for 500g of meat and about 3 cups of chopped veggies.

IMG_0068

I love that the instructions are basically to throw whatever meat and veg in that you have on hand. It's a great way to clear the fridge, and provides flexibility for whatever is in season. And a great way to get in your 5 fruit and veg in a day! Just fry the veg off in order of hardness to softness, and add the meat. Then the finishing sauce, and you're done.

IMG_0072

The result?

Well, I'm partial to slightly more punchy flavours, so these are a little on the light side for me. I did add a little more chilli and a dash more soy, but I suspect that it's also because I added extra noodles in. On the whole, it's a great idea for a super convenient lunch or dinner, especially if you're not the kind of person to have a pantry cupboard full of random condiments - as I have. And as with anything, it is always easy to tweak things if you've got a decent base to start with. And it's a decent enough base.

It also managed to create a portion that was enough for a big serving for 4, or a medium serving for 6. And with all the veggies I managed to pack in, I was plenty full on a medium serving anyway. Definitely something I would use as a base in a pinch.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home