November 19, 2010

Nuffnang Christmas Party!!


Went to the "Blue Hawaii" themed Nuffnang Christmas Party at the Bavarian Bier Cafe! Just as a note for anyone who is going to BBC in the city, there are two - I actually went to the wrong one. =( (Sorry to Cate and Ann who waited for me!!)

There was a prize for most Hawaiian, of course,  and I dressed up too, but Cate definitely took the prize with her inflatable palm tree!! Congrats!


She won a blue Shuffle for her efforts. =)



There was a bar tab too, but as mentioned before, I can't drink beer. They had interesting selections of Lychee and Peach though! And served in a very cocktail-looking glass!


And the food. I missed out on the cheese platter, but I had the vegetarian platter, and a meat one.


The Mushroom and Garlic Flemmenbrot was absolutely divine, with its buttery mushrooms and crisp base. A little cold, but still AWESOME! Definitely one of the more memorable bites of the night.


The rosti was tasty, but really, no one can go wrong with a rosti!! Mmm potato.


I'm not quite sure what this was, but I remember tasting avocado, and that it was fruity and light. Very refreshing when you've had the meat platter (coming soon my lovelies!).


I'm not quite sure what this was too - but it was quite nice. Nothing memorable though.

And finally...

The MEAT PLATTER!


A selection of schnitzel, potato wedges and...


PORK BELLY. Juicy pork belly with its succulent meat and crispy cracking. And the sauerkraut. YUM.

This, and my previous experience with the BBC has told me that their pork belly is definitely worth paying for. Time and time again, it's never failed.

Man this will haunt my dreams tonight.

We ate at:

Bavarian Bier Cafe
16 O'Connell Street Sydney, NSW 2000
02 9221 0100

Bavarian Bier Cafe O'Connell on Urbanspoon


View Larger Map

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home