March 29, 2012

Streetdance 2 3D



POSTER IMAGE: COPYRIGHT ALL RIGHTS RESERVED OWNERSHIP PRESUMED THAT OF PUBLSIHER AND/OR PRODUCTION COMPANY AND/OR DISTRIBUTOR PARAMOUNT PICTUES; LOW RES COPY NOT MEANT FOR REPRODUCTION USED FOR FILM PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY\

I love me a dance movie, always have. I don't know whether it was my repressed non-dancing childhood - being overweight and self-conscious does not make for a confident dancer - or my brief period of crazy DDR playing with my high school friends, but I do, regardless of whether I think there will be a great story, watch a dance movie. And I mean ANY dance movie.

By the way, if you're wondering why a food blog is writing about dance movies...well, there was a brief, embarrassing stint at hip hop class. There I said it. Don't ask any more because I refuse to talk about it. But I still love watching dancing!!! That, and this is also an entry to get tickets to watch Streetdance 2 3D (thank you Nuffnang!).

So anyway, this one's about ballet meeting hiphop (sounds kinda familiar). A street dance crew first loses their rehearsal space, and ends up getting space at a ballet studio, even though they have to include ballet dances in their routine. There is animosity from both ends of the camp, but eventually the love for dance wins out and there are AWESOME DANCE SCENES.



At least, we assume. To be honest I'm not approaching this movie from a plot perspective. We all know that when we go to watch a dance movie it's not for the plot, it's for the awesome camera work and choreography. We all know that no one is going to suddenly break out into perfectly rehearsed routines, but we believe it still, because we are so ridiculously entertained.

And I love being ridiculously entertained.

See StreetDance 2 (3D) at your nearest Hoyts. Mine is Broadway! Don’t forget to check out their Xtremescreen, La Premiere and IMAX!” Streetdance 2 (3D) opens in Australia April 19th, 2012

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous Street Dance said...

I really enjoyed to watch StreetDance 2 in 3d style, It's been a great one.

 
At August 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Summer dance camp Europe said...

When a movie has Awesome camera result. There is not problem that movie have not good stories.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home