March 25, 2013

Ippudo, Singapore

IMG_9363

After seeing the long queues outside Ippudo in Westfield's Sydney, I thought I'd give a Singapore outlet a try whilst I was there. Riding on a good experience from Ippudo Tao, we decided to go to Ippudo Mandarin.

layout2

We ordered the Shiromaru Tamago and the Akamaru Tamago (left, and right respectively). The broth was actually decent, and the noodles springy. But the bit that I was really waiting for was the ni tamago. As mentioned before, whenever I go to eat Ramen, I always order a ni tamago if they have it. The egg should be a lovely dark brown colour on the outside, and a fluid or oozy egg yolk on the inside. Most of my attempts to find a great egg in sydney have failed, with most places serving up way too over-cooked egg yolks, but I still have hope!!!

Unfortunately though, my egg dreams were shattered this time.

layout1

All of the eggs that came with our noodles were failed eggs. Entirely too overcooked, and lacking in flavour. While the main dish was decent, it wasn't amazingly mind-blowing enough for me to overlook the bad egg.

Oh, and the sides?

IMG_9373

While decent in flavour and texture, the sides were let down by the service. We were mostly ignored by the service staff, and even after ordering, they completely forgot one salad and a side that we ordered to go with the meal.

All in all, a relatively disappointing experience. And, since Singapore has no lack of great places to eat at, it won't be my first choice for a comforting dinner any time soon.

We ate at:

Ippudo SG
333 Orchard Road
Singapore 238897
+65 6235 2797


View Larger Map

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your fail "stamp of disapproval". I tend to have this idealistic view that food in "exotic" places is always perfect, but I guess that's not always true.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home